There are several ways to access free medical journals:
- PubMed Central: This is a free digital archive of full-text biomedical and life sciences journal literature managed by the U.S. National Library of Medicine. It includes over 6 million articles from more than 4,000 journals.
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ): DOAJ is a community-curated online directory that indexes and provides access to high-quality, open access, peer-reviewed journals.
- PLOS (Public Library of Science): PLOS is a nonprofit publisher and advocacy organization that offers open access to a variety of peer-reviewed scientific journals, including PLOS Medicine and PLOS One.
- BioMed Central: BioMed Central is a publisher of open access peer-reviewed scientific journals. They offer a wide range of medical and life science journals, including BMC Medicine and BMC Public Health.
- Free Medical Journals: This website offers a searchable database of more than 3,000 free, full-text medical journals.
- Open Access Button: This is a free browser extension that helps you find legal, free, and full-text articles as you browse the web.
Keep in mind that while these resources offer free access to medical journals, some articles may require payment or subscription to access the full-text version.