In Australia and New Zealand, medical professionals typically require similar qualifications and requirements. To practice medicine, one usually needs:
- Medical Degree: Completion of a recognized medical degree program.
- Internship: A mandatory internship or supervised practice period to gain practical experience.
- Registration: Registration with the respective medical board or council in the country of choice.
- Licensing Exam: Successful completion of the relevant licensing examination.
- Residency Training: For certain specialties, participation in residency or vocational training is necessary.
- Good Standing: Maintaining good standing with the medical regulatory authority.
- Visa: Appropriate visa or work permit to legally work in the country.
It’s essential to consult the specific medical boards or councils in Australia and New Zealand for up-to-date and detailed information, as requirements may evolve over time. Additionally, individual institutions or employers may have their own specific requirements and preferences for hiring medical professionals.
ACT Health is responsible for health policy and planning and ensuring that services meet the community’s needs. The hospitals associated are the Canberra Hospital and Calvary Public Hospital.
This site provides all the information necessary for overseas-trained doctors (OTDs) who want to work as a Doctor in Australia and for employers seeking to recruit them. Site by the Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing.
Search for jobs in the health institutes of New South Wales by location and specialty. Site developed by the NSW Health Online Services Development Branch.
Search for the jobs by location, hospitals, and by seniority . Positions are available for the 2006 clinical year.
1. Auburn Hospital
2. Blacktown – Mt Druitt Health
3. St Joseph’s Hospital
4. Westmead Hospital
5. Western Sydney Area Mental Health
6. Nepean Hospital
Central Coast Health serves the population over 300,000 people, with approximately 730 acute hospital beds. Hospitals are located at Gosford, Wyong, Woy Woy and a Health Care Centre at Long Jetty, with community health centers at various places. Central Coast Health offers training in the first two postgraduate years for any career including general practice.
Search for the Positions available for Junior Medical Officers in hospitals covered by SWSAHS
1. Liverpool Hospital
2. Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital
3. Campbell town Hospital
4. Camden Hospital
5. Fairfield Hospital
Look for other positions
Search for jobs database and download the employment forms .
Search for the latest medical and dental jobs in following hospitals
1. Sydney Hospital and Sydney Eye Hospital (SH&SEH)
2. Prince of Wales Hospital (POWH)
3. Sydney Children’s Hospital (SCH)
4. Royal Hospital for Women (RHW)
5. The St George Hospital (SGH)
6. The Sutherland Hospital (TSH)
Search by location for medical positions.
Jobs for junior medical officers in Eastern Zone in hospitals
1. Royal Prince Alfred Hospital,
2. Concord General Repatriation Hospital,
3. Rozelle Hospital, Cantebury Hospital
Jobs for junior medical officers in Western Zone
1. Banks town Hospital,
2. Braeside Hospital,
3. Liverpool Hospital,
4. Campbell town Hospital )
Guidelines for the applicants
Various positions available at children’s hospital are listed below
1. Joint Positions
2. Resident Registrar and Fellowship Positions
3. Critical Care Registrars
4. Sydney Neonatal Registrars
5. Diploma in Child Health Information
Apply for the various vacant positions
Apply for registrar training post in many specialties in 260 bed hospital.
You can search and place jobs in one of largest health industry job advertising site.
Search for locum jobs in New Zealand for house officers and GPs.
Academic, Government and Industry, Medicine/Clinical Trials jobs.