The specific job requirements for doctors in Jordan can vary depending on the type of medical practice, specialty, and the employer. However, here are some general guidelines for becoming a doctor in Jordan:
- Education: To become a doctor in Jordan, you need to complete a bachelor’s degree in medicine (MBBS or MD) from a recognized medical school. The medical program typically lasts for six years.
- Internship: After completing your medical degree, you are required to undergo a one-year internship at a government hospital. This internship provides practical experience and is a prerequisite for obtaining a practicing license.
Practicing License: To practice medicine in Jordan, you must obtain a license from the Jordan Medical Council. This typically involves passing an examination and meeting the council’s requirements.
- Specialization: If you wish to become a specialist in a particular field, you will need to complete a residency program in that specialty. These programs can vary in length but usually take a few years to complete.
- Language Proficiency: Proficiency in Arabic is essential, as it is the primary language of communication in medical practice and with patients.
- Continuing Education: Medical professionals in Jordan are expected to engage in ongoing professional development to stay updated with the latest medical advancements and maintain their licenses.
- Work Visa: If you are not a Jordanian citizen, you will need the necessary work permits and visas to work in Jordan.
- Employer Requirements: Different healthcare institutions may have their specific requirements, so it’s essential to check with potential employers for any additional requirements.
Please note that these are general guidelines, and specific requirements can vary. It’s advisable to contact the Jordan Medical Council or the specific medical institution you plan to work with for the most up-to-date and detailed information on becoming a doctor in Jordan.
The cancer center provides state-of-the-art treatment for adults and pediatric patients. First hospital in Jordan with JCIA accreditation. Apply for the jobs by sending email at email@example.com
Established in 1993 it serves the people of Jordan with excellent healthcare services. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The hospital provides an excellent working environment and competitive salary packages. Post your CV at 44 Al Kindi St, Wadi Saqra, Amman, Jordan.
The 160-bed hospital was established in 1978 as a maternity center. Apply for the jobs by sending a CV to email at email@example.com