Here are some of the typical job requirements for doctors in Sri Lanka:
– Medical Degree – Doctors must have completed an MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery) or equivalent degree from a recognized medical college.
– Postgraduate Qualification – An MD (Doctor of Medicine) or a specialist degree is preferred for top hospital jobs. Some specialties may require additional qualifications.
– MCR License – Registering with the Sri Lanka Medical Council and obtaining an MCR (Medical Council Registration) license is mandatory to practice medicine legally in Sri Lanka.
– Language Skills – The ability to communicate in both Sinhala and Tamil is essential to serve patients from all communities. English language proficiency is needed for certain private sector jobs.
– Clinical Experience – Most jobs prefer at least 2-3 years of experience working in a hospital after finishing internship and MD training. Experience is valued in surgery, medicine or specialty departments.
– Soft Skills – Doctors need strong communication, patient care, leadership and administrative skills depending on the department and position.
– Specialization – Jobs may require specialization in particular fields like internal medicine, gynecology, radiology, etc. based on department needs.
– Certifications – Additional certifications in areas like ultrasound, and endoscopy add value for certain clinical roles.
– Physical Standards – Meeting the medical fitness standards the health ministry or individual hospitals set.
The hospital was established in 1985 and has many firsts in its credit. Located near the city commercial area and qualified health professionals are serving the people. You can apply to the vacant posts by sending your resume to
THE DIRECTOR/GENERAL MANAGER, NAWALOKA HOSPITALS PLC, NO.23, DESHAMANYA H.K. DHARMADASA MW, COLOMBO 2
or by emailing the resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Provides state-of-the-art medical facilities and is always in search of dedicated and suitable candidates to serve their patients. You can submit your CV online or email it at email@example.com or post your cv to Asiri Surgical Hospital Plc, 21, Kirimandala Mawatha, Colombo -05.
Established in 145 years with 3000-bed teaching hospital serves the entire country’s population. Post your CV to The National Hospital of Sri Lanka, Colombo 10
The 100-bed international standard hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art instruments, is always looking for medical specialists. Apply for the positions online and upload your CV.
The hospital is serving people since 1945 and is one of the tertiary health care providers. You can apply online and upload your CV. Candidates must be registered with the Sri Lanka Medical Council.
Postgraduate Medical Teaching Hospital was established in 1985. Contact # 94-1-863610 to 9
5-star Multi-specialty, ISO-certified hospital is committed for high-quality health care services. Apply online for the available posts.