Albert Einstein College of Medicine is a private, nonprofit, research-intensive medical school in the Morris Park neighborhood of the Bronx, New York City, United States. Here is some information about the college:
1. History and Affiliation:
– Albert Einstein College of Medicine was founded in 1953 and is named after the world-renowned physicist and humanitarian Albert Einstein.
– The college operates as an independent degree-granting institution as part of the integrated healthcare Montefiore Health System (Montefiore Medicine) and is affiliated with Jacobi Medical Center.
2. Programs Offered:
– Albert Einstein College of Medicine offers a range of programs in the field of medical sciences, including MD/PhD programs, graduate programs, and postgraduate medical education.
– The Medical Scientist Training Program at Einstein is one of the oldest, largest, and most distinguished MD/PhD programs in the U.S. and is currently training over 100 MD/PhD students.
– The college is ranked No. 42 (tie) in Best Medical Schools: Research and No. 61 (tie) in Best Medical Schools: Primary Care by U.S. News.
3. Facilities and Research:
– Albert Einstein College of Medicine has state-of-the-art infrastructure, including modern classrooms, laboratories, and libraries, to facilitate quality education and research.
– The college has over 20 research centers and 36 global initiatives, and its faculty has published over 3,211 papers.
– The college has received over $202M in NIH research funding.
4. Admission Process:
– The admission process for Albert Einstein College of Medicine is based on entrance exams such as MCAT (Medical College Admission Test) and GRE (Graduate Record Examination).
– Eligible candidates can apply for admission through the official website or offline, per the college’s guidelines.
Albert Einstein College of Medicine is a prestigious institution offering a range of programs in the field of medical sciences. The college has state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities to support quality education and research. The admission process is based on entrance exams, and the college has received significant research funding.
- Beth Israel Medical Center
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center
- Jacobi Medical Center
- Jacobi Medical Center
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Bronx Children’s Psychiatric Center
- Bronx Psychiatric Center
- Four Winds Hospital
Alumini website: http://www.aecom.yu.edu/home/Alumni/Default.htm
Info for international students: http://www.aecom.yu.edu/home/isso/Default.htm
Vacancies page: http://www.yu.edu/hr/aecomhr