Name Dr.Shehzana Fatima
KSDC Registration number: 11,408-A
Fellowship Cleft and Craniofacial Surgery , Sri Ramachandra Medical hospital and
research institute, Chennai, India .(2008)
Cleft lip, palate and orthognathic surgery, Unity centre for cleft surgery,
M.D.S. Government dental College, Bangalore, Rajiv Gandhi University of health
Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka.(2003-2006), India
B.D.S M.S.Ramaiah dental college, Bangalore, Rajiv Gandhi University of
Health sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka. (1996-2001), India
PGCET (jun 2003) …………….by Govt of Karnataka State, India .
MDS (oral and maxillofacial surgery)……board certified in oral and maxillofacial surgery( Rajiv Gandhi university of health sciences)
1) Advanced life support course, Dr Murli Mohan, Bangalore (Jun 04)
2) Workshop on Orthognathic surgery and cleft lip and palate, Dr Peter Ward Booth, A.J
institute of medical sciences, Mangalore.(Aug 04)
3) Advances in radio diagnosis and hands on course in digital imaging. Govt dental
College, Bangalore. (Mar 05)
4) Workshop on the training for the prevention HIV and AIDS for medical personnel by
Dr.Ravindran, faculty of NIMHANS, Bangalore. (Apr 05)
5) Management of AV malformations (workshop), KIMS hospital, Bangalore. (Dec 05)
6) Workshop on maxillofacial trauma, SDM Institute of dental sciences, dharwad,
Karnataka. (May 06).
7) Workshop on rhinoplasty in cleft patients, Bowring institute, Bangalore (Aug 06).
8) Workshop on distraction osteogenesis and orthognathic surgery, international
faculty, R.V. dental college, Bangalore. (Sep 06).
9) Workshop on maxillofacial oncology, Govt dental college, Bangalore. (Mar 07).
PAPERS /PRESENTATIONS :
1) “Myocutaneous flaps in head and neck reconstruction” (poster presentation), 9th
midterm conference of AOMSI, SDM institute of dental sciences, Dharwad,
2) “Cysts of the jaws”, Indian dental association, Puttur, Karnataka. (Sep04)
3) “Management modalities of an Asiatic disease- oral submucous fibrosis”, 10th
midterm conference of AOMSI (jun 05).
4) “ Internal orbital reconstruction”, 2nd prize winner, poster Presentation, 10th
midterm conference of AOMSI (jun05).
5) “Facial scars – a time to ponder or a time to act”- 31st National conference of
AOMSI. (Nov 05).
6) 2nd prize in oral and maxillofacial post graduate quiz at 31st AOMSI conference
7) Prospective clinical evaluation of the outcome of miniplate fixation in
mandibular fractures.18th International conference of oral & maxillofacial
surgery (nov 07).
8) Abbe’s flap in secondary cleft deformity – our experience of 25 patients. 7th
ISCLPCA conference, Mangalore, Karnataka. (Feb 08)
9) Single stage rehabilitation for TM joint akylosis- 34th national conference of AOMSI.(dec09)
10) Assessment and management of alar flare following Lefort 1 osteotomy superior repositioning- a prospective study on 40 patients. – 35th national conference of AOMSI.(dec10)
Won “The Ginwalla award” for the national best paper.
11) Comparative And Quantitative Study Of Titanium Mesh Reinforced Alveolar Bone Graft With Standard Bone Grafting Technique On Cleft Patients – poster
presentation, 9th European craniofacial congress, Salzburg, Austria. ( sep 2011)
12) Single Stage Rehabilitation Of Tm Joint Ankylosis”- A Long Term Follow Up – 36th national conference of AOMSI ( nov 2011)
13) Evaluating the role of alveolar bone grafting in achieving nasal symmetry – 11th indocleftcon, Bangalore. (jan 2012)
CONFERENCES / ACADEMIC MEETS:
1) 9TH midterm conference of AOMSI, SDM institute of dental sciences, Dharwad,
Karnataka. (Jun 04)
2) 12th annual conference of Triple O, R.V. dental college Bangalore,
3) Indian dental association conference, state level, Puttur, Karnataka. (Sep04).
4) National Conference of oral and maxillofacial oncology, Kidwai memorial
institute of oncology (may 05).
5) 10th midterm conference of AOMSI, J.S.S College of dental sciences, Mysore,
Karnataka. (Jun 05).
6) 31st annual conference of AOMSI, Jaipur, India (nov 05)
7) 18th International conference of oral & maxillofacial surgery, Bangalore, India.
8) 7th ISCLPCA conference, Mangalore, Karnataka. (Feb 08)
9) 8th ISCLPCA conference , Pondicherry (feb 09)
10) 34th AOMSI national conference at Cochin (dec 09)
11) 15th AOMSI midterm conference at Munbai ( june 10)
12) 35th AOMSI national conference at Coimbatore ( dec 10)
13) 3rd STARS( Smile Train Anaesthetist and Reconstructive Surgeons) conference at Hyderabad ( apr 11)
14) 36th AOMSI national conference at New Delhi ( nov 2011)
15) 9th European cleft congress, Salzburg, Austria. ( sep 2011)
16) 11th indocleftcon 2012, Bangalore. ( jan 2012)
– Complications following the management of compound mandibular fractures with open
reduction and stable internal fixation – a prospective study.( MDS)
– Use of costochondral grafts in the treatment of cleft rhinoplasty- our experience
retrospectively. ( fellowship)
Prospective clinical evaluation of the outcome of miniplate fixation in mandibular
fractures. International journal of oral &maxillofacial surgery, vol 36, no 11, nov 2007
Comparison of Delaire’s functional repair and its proposed modification- a prospective analysis. Journal of Indian society of cleft lip, palate and craniofacial surgery.
Vol 11, Sep 2010.
Smile Train accredited surgeon.
01/05/2010 – Till date Senior registrar ,Face Foundation , Unity Health Complex,
06/05/2009- 27/10/2011 Assistant professor, AJ institute of dental sciences,
3/11/2011 – till date Consultant surgeon/ Reader, Centre For Craniofacial
19/04/2009-30/04/2010 Fellowship in cleft lip ,palate and orthognathic surgery, Face
Foundation, Unity Health Complex, Mangalore.
01/01/2008 – 30/06/2008 Fellowship in cleft and craniofacial surgery, Sri
Ramachandra medical hospital and research institute,
14/11/2006- 15/10/2008 Assistant Professor, Al-Ameen dental college, Bijapur,
01/11/2003- 31/10/2006 Post Graduate in oral and maxillofacial surgery. Govt
dental college, Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
01/01/2001- 31/12/2001 House officer rotation, M.S Ramaiah Dental College,
.1) Oral And Maxillofacial Oncology, Kidwai Memorial institute of oncology, Bangalore,
2) Department of plastic and reconstructive surgery, Sri Ramachandra University and
Research center, Chennai, India .