To become a doctor and practice medicine in Afghanistan, you need to meet certain requirements and complete specific education and training programs. Here are some general requirements to become a doctor in Afghanistan:
- Education: You need to complete a 12-year education program (or equivalent) with science as the main subject. After that, you need to enroll in a medical school that is recognized by the Afghan Ministry of Higher Education.
- Entrance Exam: You need to pass the Kankor exam, which is a national university entrance exam, to get admission to a medical school in Afghanistan.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS): After getting admission to a medical school, you must complete the MBBS program, which usually takes five to six years to complete. During this program, you will learn about various aspects of medicine, including anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, pathology, and clinical medicine.
- Internship: After completing the MBBS program, you need to complete a one-year internship program at a recognized hospital in Afghanistan. This program provides practical training in various medical fields.
- Licensing: After completing your internship, you need to apply for a medical license from the Afghan Medical Council. To get a license, you need to pass the Licensing Examination conducted by the Afghan Medical Council.
- Specialization: If you want to specialize in a particular field of medicine, you need to complete a postgraduate program (MD/MS) in that field. This program usually takes two to three years to complete.
It’s important to note that these requirements may vary depending on the medical school and the type of practice you want to pursue. Additionally, due to the current political and security situation in Afghanistan, practicing medicine may be challenging and risky in some areas.
It claims to be first private hospital providing state of art medical facilities. Email your resume at email@example.com
Established in 1989 by German provides services to the people of Wardak. The contact address is firstname.lastname@example.org
A specialized hospital with 24-hour emergency, medical and dental services. For jobs, send your cv to info@AmericanMedicalAF.com.
Established in 2005, is serving the war-torn country.
Online job portal for jobs in Afghanistan.
Kabul Medical University Teaching Hospital: Located in Kabul, this hospital is the largest medical facility in Afghanistan and provides a wide range of medical services, including emergency care, surgery, pediatrics, and obstetrics.
Indira Gandhi Children’s Hospital: Also located in Kabul, this hospital is dedicated to providing healthcare services to children and offers specialized care in pediatric surgery, oncology, and cardiology.
French Medical Institute for Children: This hospital is located in Kabul and provides specialized care for children with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses. It is a collaboration between the governments of Afghanistan and France.
Jinnah Hospital: Located in Kabul, this hospital provides general medical services, including surgery, cardiology, and neurology.
Sardar Mohammad Daud Khan Hospital: Located in Kabul, this hospital is a military hospital that provides medical care to the Afghan National Army and their families.
Herat Regional Hospital: This hospital is located in Herat and is one of the largest hospitals in western Afghanistan. It provides medical services in a range of specialties, including cardiology, obstetrics, and orthopedics.
Kandahar Regional Military Hospital: This hospital is located in Kandahar and provides medical services to the Afghan National Army and their families.