Albert Szent-Györgyi Medical University, now known as the University of Szeged Albert Szent-Györgyi Medical School, is a prestigious medical school located in Szeged, Hungary. Here is some information about the university :
1. History and Affiliation:
– Albert Szent-Györgyi Medical University was originally established in Kolozsvár, then in Austria-Hungary, later Romania, in 1872.
– After World War I, it was moved to Szeged, Hungary, where it has since made great advances in the development of the university.
– The university is named after Albert Szent-Györgyi, a world-renowned biochemist and Nobel Prize winner who served as the head of the department of medical chemistry at the university.
– The university is affiliated with the Montefiore Health System and Jacobi Medical Center.
2. Programs Offered:
– Albert Szent-Györgyi Medical University offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the field of medical sciences.
– The university offers programs in general medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, and nursing, among others.
– Medical education is offered in three languages: Hungarian, English, and German.
3. Notable Professors and Researchers:
– Many notable professors and researchers have been associated with the university, including Albert Szent-Györgyi himself, who was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1937 for his achievements in biochemistry.
– Other notable professors include József Mátyás Baló (pathology), Béla Issekutz and Nicholas (Miklós) Jancsó (pharmacology), Dezső Miskolczy (neurology), István Rusznyák and Géza Hetényi (internal medicine), and György Ivanovics (microbiology).
4. Admission Process:
– The admission process for Albert Szent-Györgyi Medical University is based on entrance exams such as the Hungarian National Higher Education Entrance Examination (Emelt Szintű Érettségi Vizsga) and the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme.
– Eligible candidates can apply for admission through the official website or offline mode, as per the university’s guidelines.
5. Facilities and Research:
– Albert Szent-Györgyi Medical University has state-of-the-art infrastructure, including modern classrooms, laboratories, and libraries, to facilitate quality education and research.
– The university has over 20 research centers and 36 global initiatives, and its faculty has published over 3,211 papers.
– The university has a Central Library that houses a vast collection of medical literature.
Albert Szent-Györgyi Medical University, now known as the University of Szeged Albert Szent-Györgyi Medical School, is a prestigious medical school located in Szeged, Hungary. The university offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the field of medical sciences, and its faculty includes many notable professors and researchers. The admission process is based on entrance exams, and the university has state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities to support quality education and research.