To become a licensed physician in the United States, the following requirements need to be fulfilled:
- Education: A candidate must complete a bachelor’s degree program and then attend an accredited medical school in the United States or Canada. The medical school program typically lasts four years.
- Medical Licensure Examination: After completing medical school, a candidate must pass the United States Medical Licensure Examination (USMLE) or the Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination (COMLEX-USA).
- Residency Training: After passing the licensing exam, a candidate must complete a residency training program, which typically lasts between three and seven years depending on the specialty.
- State Licensure: After completing residency training, a candidate must obtain a medical license from the state in which they plan to practice medicine. Each state has its own licensing requirements.
- Board Certification: Once a physician is licensed to practice medicine, they may choose to become board certified in a specialty by passing a specialty board exam.
In addition to these requirements, physicians must also possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced and often stressful environment.
It is also worth noting that the requirements for international medical graduates may differ slightly from those for U.S. medical graduates, and it can be more challenging for international medical graduates to secure residency positions and licensure in the United States.
Offers physician placements in categories of J1 Visa Jobs, H-1B Visa, and Locum Tenens Physician.
Listing of public health-related jobs in the USA and all around the world.
|Girling Health Care –
A company providing in-home care for patients including home health, primary home care, family care, and physical therapy.www.girling.com
|Hayman Daugherty Associates
A firm placing physicians in permanent positions nationwide.www.haymandaugherty.com
|Medical Contracting Service Inc
Specializes in contract placement of medical professionals.www.medicalcontracting.com/
|Health Career Unlimited
Short to long-term temporary assignments for traveling healthcare professionals.www.healthcareerunlimited.com
|Case management Recruiters
Practice opportunities are available nationwidehttp://www.casemanagementrecruiter.com/
Temporary and permanent staffing services for radiation therapists, dosimetrists, and medical physicists including salaries.www.rocstaff.com
|Surgical Associated Services, Inc.
Permanent, temporary, and travel staffing for surgical personnel, technicians, and assistants.www.surgicalassociated.com
Staffing firm for temporary and medical staffing services and as a consultant to the industry.http://carlaperrotta.com
|HealthPro Placement Service
A professional recruitment service staffing medical and dental offices with both temporary and permanent placements.www.healthprosearch.com
|Hudson Global Resources
Recruitment firm offers healthcare employment opportunities.http://healthcarejobs.hudsonresourcing.com
|Valley Healthcare Systems, Inc
Staffing firm providing both permanent and traveling healthcare opportunities throughout North America.www.vhcsystems.com
Recruitment firm for healthcare positions that uses a variety of online marketing techniques to attract candidates.www.hrfmedical.com
Recruiting firm offering dental jobs available in Northern Californiawww.dental-connection.com
|NES Healthcare Group –
An emergency medical group of 93 independent companies with opportunities throughout the US.www.neshold.com
|National Association of Physician Recruiters –
Membership organization consisting of physician recruiting firms, hospitals, medical groups, individuals and vendor organizations.www.napr.org
Recruitment and placement of traveling healthcare professionals.www.hrmctravelers.com
|Trillium Talent Resource Inc. –
International recruiting firm focusing on health care, management and technology staffing and having a database of both candidates and clients across Canada, the USA and UK, the Philippines and India.www.trilliumhr.com/
|National Healthcare Alliance –
Provides comprehensive recruiting and locum tenens services to national healthcare facilities for CRNAs and physicians.www.nhai.com